The new UK Tier 2 Health & Care visa launched on 4th August 2020, which has been developed alongside the normal Tier 2 (General) visa. Doctors, nurses, health professionals and senior-level adult social workers are eligible for the visa and you must have a job in the UK and a Tier 2 sponsor.
The benefits of the Tier 2 Health and Care Visa include fast-track entry to the UK, dedicated support in processing migrants’ and their dependent families’ visa applications, reduced visa fee (£232), and exemption from the Immigration Health Surcharge.
• Applicants must be trained to a recognised standard and have a good standard of English
• Applicants must apply under the Tier 2 (General) for Entry or Leave to Remain
• Applicants must be taking up a job offer from the NHS (National Health Service) or other medical and social care organisations listed in the Tier 2 Points Based System Policy Guidance
• Applicants must meet all the Tier 2 (General) criteria
Below is the full list of eligible professions for qualified health & medical applicants who have been trained to a recognised standard. The list of Standard Occupational Classification codes is as follows:
2112 – Biological scientists and biochemists
2113 – Physical Scientists
2211 – Medical Practitioners
2212 – Psychologists
2213 – Pharmacists
2214 – Ophthalmic Opticians
2215 – Dental practitioners
2217 – Medical Radiographers
2218 – Podiatrists
2219 – Health Professionals not elsewhere classified
2221 – Physiotherapists
2222 – Occupational Therapists
2223 – Speech and Language Therapists
2229 – Therapy professionals not elsewhere classified
2231 – Nurses
2232 – Midwives
2442 – Social Workers
3213 – Paramedics
You will need the following:
-Your Certificate of Sponsorship reference number
-Proof of your English language skills
-A bank or building society statement or letter that shows you have enough personal savings for when you arrive in the UK (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you)
-A current passport or travel document to prove you can travel – you need a blank page in your passport for your visa
-Expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history
-Your tuberculosis test results if you are from a listed country
-A criminal record certificate – if you are working with vulnerable people
You are awarded points based on the following:
• 50 points for Attributes, including having a sponsor with a valid Certificate of Sponsorship;
• 10 points for English language skills (except for Intra-Company Transfer);
• 10 point for Maintenance, which is your available funds.
It is of vital importance that the correct documents and evidence to support your eligibility is correctly submitted in order for a successful application.
The UK Visa & Immigration team (UKVI) prioritise new Health & Care visa applications, and aim to process a majority of the applications within 3 weeks from the point the applicant has provided their biometric information. (Biometric fee costs £19.20).
Contact Caresse International Healthcare Recruitment for assistance with the skilled worker route and support with finding a job in the UK healthcare sector.